August 18th is National Couple’s Day. This date is where love is alive and well, and it smells sweet with some spice! National Couple’s Day is the day to honor the person you love. Your partner in crime. It’s not always easy to love, but it is definitely worth it when you find the right person.
Although you should always tell your partner how it feels every day, today is the perfect day to light candles, turn down the lights, and dance to your favorite song (every couple has one). For a romantic day, check out 50 date ideas.
WHAT DAY IS THE NATIONAL COUPLE DAY 2022
National Couple’s Day is August 18 and celebrates the bond between couples, no matter if you’re a couple full of lovebirds or troublemakers,
HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL COUPLE’S DAY
National Couple’s Day has become a more important holiday than ever. Different types of couples can celebrate their existence as the world becomes more inclusive and progressive to all forms of love. Your love and existence are valid, regardless of whether you’re in a relationship with the same or opposite gender.
Gender roles in relationships are changing! Women in opposite-sex relationships have become the main breadwinner, while their male partners choose to stay at home. In addition, men are increasingly choosing to marry their female partners’ last names than the traditional norm.
Couples will become happier and more fulfilled as their roles change and their collective minds expand. A happy couple is healthy. Let’s celebrate National Couple’s Day by spreading love and celebrating all it has to offer!
NATIONAL COUPLE’S DAY TIMES
1375First Valentine’s Day Reference
Geoffrey Chaucer created Valentine’s Day by writing the poem “Parliament of Foules” about it.
1967Loving v. Virginia
The United States makes interracial marriage legal
1970Pride Parade Begins
As a result of the Stonewall Riots, the first pride parade takes place.
All bans on same-sex marriage are dissolved by the U.S. Supreme Court.
TRADITIONS OF DAY
Do whatever you can to make your partner and yourself a dynamic couple on Couple’s Day. Each couple’s bond is different, so today is all about celebrating your partner and bonding with them.
BY THE NUMBERS
8% The percentage of Americans 18 years and older who are married has fallen since 1990.
30 is the average age that men in the U.S. get married.
28 is the average age that women in the U.S. get married.
5% The percentage of divorce rates for adults 50 years and older in the United States since 1990.
9 in 10 – The number of Americans who consider love to be a very important reason for getting married.
76% The percentage of Americans who consider companionship the most important reason to get married.
30% The percentage of Americans who consider a religious ceremony to be an important factor in their marriage.
7 in 10 – The percentage of adults who felt it was important for a man that he could financially support his family to be a good partner or husband.
32% The percentage of men who consider financial stability a crucial factor in deciding if a woman is a good partner or wife.
18,000,000 – The number of Americans who live with an unmarried partner as of 2016.
NATIONAL COUPLE’S DAY FAQS
What is International Girlfriend Day?
August 1st is National Girlfriend Day Celebrate and spoil your girlfriend on this National Girlfriend Day!
What does “143” actually mean? “
“143” is the numerical equivalent of the number of letters in “I Love You”. You = 3 letters, Love = 4 letters, I = 1 letter.
Is today National Kissing Day
On July 6, National Kissing Day, also known as International Kissing Day or World Kiss Day, is an annual celebration. Grab your best friend and get ready to kiss!
NATIONAL COUPLE’S DAY ACTIVITIES
- Make a romantic meal together food is the ultimate connector. You can recreate your favorite meal together. It doesn’t matter if you are making a frozen chicken nugget or filet mignon, it’s important that you do it together!
- Make it a special night with your partner you might not go out as often if you live together. This is your chance to get out of the house and explore the area, or even go to a movie that you both love. It’s your right!
- Send Your Love to The GramEverybody loves a cute post by a couple! Use the hashtag #NationalCouplesDay to share your love on Instagram!
5 HEART-Breathing FACTS ABOUT PARTNERSHIP
- Love IS a drug according to “The Journal of Sexual Medicine”, the euphoric feeling of falling in love is similar to that experienced by substance users.
- Hugging relieves stressHugging our partner instantly increases the level of oxytocin in our bodies.
- Heart matters study of 3.5 Million people found that adults who are married are 12% less likely than others to develop the vascular disease.
- Monogamy is possible with animals many animals, including wolves, beavers, and seahorses will mate for the rest of their lives, including otters, wolves, seahorses, and many others.
- Synchronized heartbeat research from the University of California shows that our heartbeats can sync when we look into our partner’s eyes.
WHY WE LOVE THE NATIONAL COUPLE’S DATE
- Love is good for your health research shows that happily married couples live longer, are less likely in the future to be affected by life-threatening diseases, and have a better mental state. Your best medicine might be laughter and spending time with your partner.
- Your Partner Reduces StressYour partner is your support system. Your partner is your support system. The brain releases endorphins, dopamine, and other chemicals when there is someone to listen to and to provide mental and physical reassurance. This helps to relax the body and gives you peace of mind.
- We Love Love! There are many forms of love! We are smitten with all forms of affectionate relationships, no matter if it is the same sex or different sex.